Thursday, October 1, 2009

Middle School Drama begins

My poor sweet girl came home from school today in tears. She sits in an assigned spot at lunch, between 2 of her friends who do not like each other. She comes home on occasion telling me that they were fighting and asking my advice. I don't really like one of the girls - she is trouble - and my assumptions were found to be true today. So this girl, A was fighting with M. A (the one I dont like) grabbed M's arm and hurt her wrist. (ally said she sprained it...drama) The lunch aide told them to go see the guidance counselor and made Allysa accompany them "as a witness". Another girl asked her where she was going and she told her that A & M were fighting and she had to go to the GC. Well, later on the bus, Ally tried to apologize to A for talking to the other girl. M BLEW UP and yelled at Ally in front of everyone on the bus and told her it was HER fault for starting rumors and that everyone in school was going to hate A because because of it. GRRRRR seriously???? I am so not ready for all of this - 5th grade is so early, isn't it? I don't really remember drama like this happening until about 7th grade. I called the GC, filled him in on what happened on the bus and got her lunch seat changed (well, I would have, but all of 5th grade is getting new seat assignments tomorrow) and asked him to keep his ears open to the rumors spreading. I don't want my kid to be lumped in with girls like that and become guilty by association.

2 comments:

  1. Do I need to come eat lunch with her? I will so make sure everyone knows she IS the coolest!! Give her a hug for me and tell her to hang in there... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. I do NOT heart middle school. :(

    ReplyDelete