Saturday, August 1, 2009

time's up...

WOW. so it's been about a hundred years since my last post. I feel like I have not had time to breathe since I last posted!! My mama came to visit from Mexico for 3 weeks or so and brought with her my neice and nephew from Phoenix. We had a nice visit. Then she left and the kids stayed here for another week until my brother flew out to get them. The entire 3 weeks consisted of a lot of driving, a lot of flexibility, some tears, some yelling, some frustration, A LOT OF MONEY SPENT...it was nice to have the kids here so the cousins could spend time together but 1 week would be plenty. I had a lot of school work to do, and Ally went away to camp for the first time! She loved it and had the time of her life! And being consistent with my "mother-of-the-year" status, I was an hour late to pick her up from camp, which resulted in more tears!! I worked ESY (extended school year) this summer, which was...well...lets just say that I am glad its over. The kids were great - it was the other adults who I could have lived without! GRRR Now my summer vacation can start - I have 4 whole weeks. Cheerleading begins this week - both of my girls cheer and I am one of their coaches! Its fun, but a HUGE committment. I will be a "ministry widow" this coming week, as the Reading Fair begins and Mike will spend every waking moment there. He will be home to sleep and shower. Not even to eat! The girls and I will be driving to MI to see their grandparents on Saturday and Mike will fly in next Wednesday. Busy, busy...but I will try to be more diligent in my postings. Not that anyone really reads them, but I like to just write randomly sometimes (like this one right now) and get stuff out...

UPDATE ON LILY
for those of you who don't know, Mike's cousin Joy has a 15 month old daughter who, long story short, got Fifth's disease, which is very common among children. It attacked her heart and within 2 weeks recieved a heart transplant. It will be one week tomorrow. She is doing very well and they are slowly trying to wean her off of the paralytic drugs to see how she will do and so she can begin to recover. It was a shock and it all happened very quickly. The family appreciates your prayers.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I am a someone who reads your blog!
    You have crammed more into one summer than i could ever handle! Go supermom!!
    Will you get to see Kelli in MI?? Lucky! (If not we need to plan our next weekend together!
    Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a faithful follower, too. I think we're all glad ESY is over, but I hope August goes by like molasses.

    ReplyDelete